General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Air Leak By Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Leak By Mirror

Hello,

I have an air leak near the mirror of a 2000 camaro, between the window and the rubber seal. I THINK I have the general area nailed down, any way to fix or hack a fix for this? The seal looks to be in overall good condition, where I believe it to be leaking, the rubber seal looks a little mangled (it seems indented a bit). Thank you.

Last edited by dano91; 06-30-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Launching!

May need a whole new seal, but I would make certain that is your leak spot. Try to tape over that exact spot and cover the glass to seal an then drive the car. It should go away if that is indeed the spot.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Will do. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dano91
Hello,

I have an air leak near the mirror of a 2000 camaro, between the window and the rubber seal. I THINK I have the general area nailed down, any way to fix or hack a fix for this? The seal looks to be in overall good condition, where I believe it to be leaking, the rubber seal looks a little mangled (it seems indented a bit). Thank you.
My roommate had this issue with his 02 Camaro, it was a fairly noticeable gap at the mirror on the driver's side. Turns out the window regulator had broken a rivet and was working the holes where it bolts to the door frame.

Take your door panel off and inspect the rivets holding the window regulator to the door frame. If they're wearing slots, you may need to address that before you deal with the seal.

Quick Reply: Air Leak By Mirror