General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Want an opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want an opinion.

So someone tried breaking into my car a while back. I took it into the shop two weeks ago with a scheduled apointment to be fixed for a door lock cylinder. How long does this usually take I'm kinda pissed that I have been without car for 2 weeks.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I can't imagine it taking that long to simply take off the interior pieces of the door and replace the lock cylinder....
Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 777Shock777
I can't imagine it taking that long to simply take off the interior pieces of the door and replace the lock cylinder....
Thats what I was thinking its an insurance claim and the parts were ordered before I took the car in for work so it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Sickness7
Thats what I was thinking its an insurance claim and the parts were ordered before I took the car in for work so it doesn't make sense to me.
That was my only thought if the parts were backordered or something, but if they were already ordered - I'd assume that would only take a couple hours at most.

I say call them, it never hurts to give them a call
Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Ah it's apparently in the wash bay.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Not complaining they fixed my window switch, detailed the entire interior and exterior carpets and all. Which needed it the first year I owned the car I took dirt roads to bonfires and mud and dirt was pretty much everywhere. And finally a functioning drivers door.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM

Wow, it sounds like the wait was definitely worth it. You got some great service there.

The last time one of my cars was broken into they punched all around the lock and destroyed the door. They also ripped the rear view mirror off and stole the entire glove compartment that had CDs in it. Not just the CDs, but the whole freakin glove box! I hate thieves with a passion!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wengines
Wow, it sounds like the wait was definitely worth it. You got some great service there.

The last time one of my cars was broken into they punched all around the lock and destroyed the door. They also ripped the rear view mirror off and stole the entire glove compartment that had CDs in it. Not just the CDs, but the whole freakin glove box! I hate thieves with a passion!

Wow that sucks. I got a little more lucky they failed and broke the lock so it was stuck locked lol.

Quick Reply: Want an opinion.