General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Installed SLP lid.. weird fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM
PZA
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed SLP lid.. weird fitment?

The front fitment looks decent, however you can clearly see the air filter from the back. is this an issue? Would it hurt to seal the whole slp lid with some kind of tape?

Also the plug with the tube seems to be pretty loose. Whats the best way to get it to stay?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost anyone with an SLP lid has that same fitment issue including my car and my brother's. There is a tremendous amount of people out there that don't know about that gap in the back and are sucking in a bunch of crap into there intake.

What you can do is go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some weather stripping and put it on the inside of the lid all around the borders. Then when you install it, it will seal all the way around the filter. For the tube that goes into the lid on the side, I'd get some shoe goo to seal it. Shoe goo is nice because it will act like a clear silicone but seems stronger to me. And it's not permanent so if you need to it will peel off without damaging the surface it gets on. I use shoe goo for everything because it's so handy.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had this lid and also had the same issue. I used weather stripping tape from home depot. Check it often because the adhesive can slide on the plastic and cause a bad seal.

Quick Reply: Installed SLP lid.. weird fitment?