General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Horn Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn Not Working

2001 WS6. 13K miles.

Recently my horn quit working - both when locking the cay with the key fob and when hitting the steering wheel button(s).

Any suggestion as to what to check first?

Could it be the horn relay? I've already had to replace my ignition relay and I'm in the process of replacing all 3 fan relays because i think one is bad.

Do the cars have commonly have relay issues? Looks like lot of them were made by Omron in Canada. I'm not sure they are even available any longer...I only find them used on the web.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ds2011
2001 WS6. 13K miles.

Recently my horn quit working - both when locking the cay with the key fob and when hitting the steering wheel button(s).

Any suggestion as to what to check first?

Could it be the horn relay? I've already had to replace my ignition relay and I'm in the process of replacing all 3 fan relays because i think one is bad.

Do the cars have commonly have relay issues? Looks like lot of them were made by Omron in Canada. I'm not sure they are even available any longer...I only find them used on the web.
my horn didn't work, I popped the fuse box and pulled the horn fuse and it was blown. I put a new fuse in and fixed the problem
Old 08-10-2014, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

The AC Delco, or Delphi boxed relays are either Omron from Canada, or Denso from Nipponland, at least the ones I have bought recently.

Quick Reply: Horn Not Working