General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

'99 Trans Am A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Trans Am A/C problems

Hey everyone, my Trans Am's A/C is a little messed up. I turned on the the A/C & it only comes from the bottom. I moved the dial to, "A/C" didn't make a difference. Changed it to, "Max A/C" & it still didn't make a difference. I lost hope & switched the dial to everything hoping to see some type of result. Does anybody know why my air is coming from the bottom not from the top? No type of air comes from the vents on dashboard but all comes from underneath. I just bought the car today. I'm still learning about the LS cars since I just upgraded from a LT to an LS. Any opinions & solutions are welcomed. ('99 Trans Am A4)
Old 03-16-2015, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LTX_Alex
Hey everyone, my Trans Am's A/C is a little messed up. I turned on the the A/C & it only comes from the bottom. I moved the dial to, "A/C" didn't make a difference. Changed it to, "Max A/C" & it still didn't make a difference. I lost hope & switched the dial to everything hoping to see some type of result. Does anybody know why my air is coming from the bottom not from the top? No type of air comes from the vents on dashboard but all comes from underneath. I just bought the car today. I'm still learning about the LS cars since I just upgraded from a LT to an LS. Any opinions & solutions are welcomed. ('99 Trans Am A4)
Most likely, the vacuum line running from the rear of your intake manifold to the passenger side T-fitting has come loose. This will cause your HVAC blower to default to defrost and floor vents only. Reinstall this line and you will have upper vents again.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Do you know what it looks like? Or where specially behind the intake manifold?
Old 03-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=Squirts11;18712719]Most likely, the vacuum line running from the rear of your intake manifold to the passenger side T-fitting has come loose. This will cause your HVAC blower to default to defrost and floor vents only. Reinstall this line and you will have upper vents again.[/QUOTEI

I checked it an it wasn't loose nor it isn't off. Is their anything else I can try?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

That selector switch is vacuum controlled. If everything is hooked up, you'll need to get a vacuum tester and find the leak.

Quick Reply: '99 Trans Am A/C problems