General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help pls ran out of ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help pls ran out of ideas

Hey guys need some help here having problems with my lt1 t-56.
Car idles like crap very difficult to drive off the line without riding clutch because the car wants to stall. Idle jumps from 1100-500 and keeps jumping, started after replaced the opti, also replaced IAC, water pump, throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor. And when I drive the car WOT CAR RUNS GREAT only idle is f'ed up and when I'm gear it dies down roughly, kinda sick of replacing everything can't figure it out, I don't think its the opti cause it runs great got power just idle is crappy, thanks for help.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I had this issue after cleaning my fuel tank with sea foam, once I changed the fuel filter it continued to do it most likely due to air in the line while the fuel filter gets fully saturated. Maybe try to replace the fuel filter and priming the fuel pump a dozen or so times by turning the key to the on position. unplugging the battery for an hour or so to let the car relearn idle speed may also help.

Just trying to suggest small cheap things to try before going another route.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
I had this issue after cleaning my fuel tank with sea foam, once I changed the fuel filter it continued to do it most likely due to air in the line while the fuel filter gets fully saturated. Maybe try to replace the fuel filter and priming the fuel pump a dozen or so times by turning the key to the on position. unplugging the battery for an hour or so to let the car relearn idle speed may also help.

Just trying to suggest small cheap things to try before going another route.
Ya thanks appreciate the tips, I replaced the fuel filter bout a year back u think it would be worth doing it again? I unhooked the battery for like 10 minutes, I'll unhook it again tomorrow while working.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Shouldn't need to be changed again unless a large piece of gunk has clogged it Enough to interrupt idle fuel delivery

Quick Reply: Help pls ran out of ideas