General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

235 Moog U-Joint Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 235 Moog U-Joint Issue?

I have about 130k miles on the clock on my 2000 z28 Camaro. I believe the u-joints need a swap. I bought 2 Moog 235 super strength greaseable u-joints from a parts website. The grease fitting appears to fit onto the caps, I thought it was supposed to be in the centerpiece of the joint, but ultimately I don't care.

The issue is, I have one that has 3 solid caps with 1 grease fitting cap. The other came with 2 solid caps and 2 grease fitting caps. I am wondering why that is? I am assuming it's a mistake. Anyone seen anything like that before? I have never done u-joints before, so any tips are worth while.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

I ended up swapping it at a parts store, they had never seen anything like that, must have been a production hiccup. I only had 1 grease fitting for the 2 caps in that package. They defected it out and gave me a new one.

I did get the swap done. Using a propane torch really wasn't enough to melt all the nylon out for me. Had to run by a friend's house and use an acetylene torch and a big vice. We didn't heat long at all, I don't believe there is any damage to the driveshaft. They really were a pita with a propane torch and a small vice, I couldn't get it done.

Quick Reply: 235 Moog U-Joint Issue?