General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

O4 GTO ls1 swap only running when "MAP" sensor unplugged

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O4 GTO ls1 swap only running when "MAP" sensor unplugged

I have an LS1 swap from a 04 GTO. The engine will only run correctly when the "MAP" (manifold absolute pressure sensor, not MAF as some people have been misunderstanding me) sensor is unplugged. I can also start the engine with the MAP unplugged and then plug the MAP back in while still running and the engine will remain running fine. The MAP sensor will even register a reading on my Bosch scanner that is capable of reading live data. However if I leave the sensor plugged in and shut the engine off it will start back up but want to spit and sputter and attempt to die. I have replaced the MAP sensor, MAF sensor, two front 02s (rears are supposed to be deleted with HP tuners), all spark plugs, IAC valve and I have also checked for vacuum leaks and have not found any. The engine is completely stock besides an aftermarket intake tube and filter and a pair of long tube headers. I have been slowly working to figure this problem out for almost three months now. If anyone has any idea what I should look for next, the help would be very appreciated.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the wires going into the map sensor connector for any loose going into it, I'm not sure it would cause the car to cut off but it might if the wire start wiggling in and out while the car runs causing a fast drop in map

Quick Reply: O4 GTO ls1 swap only running when "MAP" sensor unplugged