General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water Leaking in down RH A-pillar

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water Leaking in down RH A-pillar

So lately I've been noticing my passenger's side front floor mat is damp and smells like mildew. I thought it was leaking in at the window, but the other day after a hard rain I got in the car and noticed water a water drop on the air duct that blows on the window. I'm assuming it's running down the inside of the A-pillar trim and coming out of the vent, running down the side of the dash and onto the floor mat.

Can anyone tell me what to look at? Earlier this year this same side was leaking only at the rear. I found out that a lot of people were having problems of the seal ends folding over causing a leak. That was the problem with the rear. I straightened out the front and rear seal ends and the rear quit leaking, but now the front is leaking. Is there anything in particular that I should look at that is causing this leak?
Attached Thumbnails Water Leaking in down RH A-pillar-rh-pillar.jpg  
Old 08-22-2016, 09:40 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts

Those "flaps" are just little drip edges and don't give you the seal against the weatherstrip.

The first ting to do is to check your seal between the glass and weatherstrip. From the outside, compare your driver's side glass and your passenger's side glass and how they engage the rubber.

The door glass is adjustable so you can have the glass move up and engage the rubber tighter. However... if things have become loose, that raises the question - why?

How long has this been going on and have you changed anything in the door since then? Have the regulators ever been removed? etc. One other thing is to check for two classic issues that pop up with the door and impact the glass engagement:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...dow-guide.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-included.html

^ Taking the door panel off and checking to make sure you don't have these two problems is probably worthwhile.

Quick Reply: Water Leaking in down RH A-pillar