General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

passenger side lower than driver side??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger side lower than driver side??

I have a 2000 T/A WS6 and i am having a problem that has become a pain in the ***. the passenger rear side of my car is lower than the driver rear side. this happend a little after i put me 1.5" Eibach lowering springs. at first i thought it was the shock went bad so i put in some Bilstien gas shocks and still the same ****. everytime i hit a large bump or have too many people in the car it bottoms out and the rearend hits the frame.(the rubber bumper is completly wasted) anything would be appreciated even a " i dont know" thanks very much
Old 03-17-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Did you make sure when you re-installed the springs to put the 'tail' of the spring in the right spot by the drain hole in the spring pocket on the rear end side as the stocker was and did you re-install the spring cushion?

Actually my car rides lower on one side than the other from the factory - but since it is not lowered there is no scraping. The fact that your car is lowered may magnify the problem...

-Jay-
Old 03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Default same prob

I have the same problem with my 99 TA. I have put different springs and shocks still leans on passenger side sometimes not all the time.hmmmm
Old 03-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Tell your girlfriend to lose some weight.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

I think actually I know I have the same problem!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything here has to do with either different spring rates, or problems in the mounting points for the springs.

Long term the shocks should have very little to do with it.

Is it just one corner, or the whole passenger side? If it's just one corner then I would look for problems in that area, bent mountings, anything on that side that looks different than the other.

If it's the entire passenger side... then something is probably very wrong. Are you the first owner of your car?