General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car won't hold idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help....Car wont hold idle?!!?

Alright guys, idk if this is in the right place but ill give it a shot anyways.

I went and started up my car this morning and it started right up and went to right around 1k rpms(cold start) which would be normal...

Then all of a sudden the car drops right down to like 400-500 rpms and would fluctuate between there smoothly though. like as in the car doesnt shake or stall out, but rather idles between 400-500 rpms.

Sooo i got out and popped the hood if i could see anything obvious....nothing really except i noticed one of my a.i.r tubes was slipping off of one of the check valves(missing little plastic clamp) so i slid it back fully on the check valve and right away my rpms came back up to 750rpms and held there like normal.

I didnt know why the air sytem would affect my idle or if it even would but it seemed to fix it so i got in to go(at this point the car was fully warmed up) the minute i started to release the clutch and the idle died right down again to 500, and stayed that way the whole drive to work (about 20 minutes) every time i stopped the idle would drop right to 500 rpms. and hold there, no bucking shaking nothing.

Anyone got any ideas what this could be?!?!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noones got any ideas?!