General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LEAKY window? WhyTF!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LEAKY window? WhyTF!?

Ok before everyone goes and jumps on me about how this may or may not have been covered , let me just say in my defense that I looked and couldnt find anything on this. However here is the issue, I just bout my 00' WS6 and I'm not really used to not having borders over my windows. My last car was a Grand am and the one before that was a Beretta. Here in New England we've been getting HAMMERED with rain lately and my car has a slight leak. Its more of a random drip every couple mins or so. IS THIS NORMAL? should I freak out or is there a way to fix this that will stop me from pulling my hair out. Water shouldnt drip on leather last I checked.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Well, mine drips on both sides in the same spot right by the top of the seat belt. Same thing, one drip every minute or so when its raining hard, and a lot more when im going thru a carwash. I dont have leather seats though so i dont really worry about it. I used to be concerned, but im used to it now.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Ive had that problem since i got my car with 15k just a little drop every min or so. Its now 4 years later and at 60k and it hasn't gotten any worse, so I would say its no big deal really.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

your t-tops are leaking or you w/s is leaking?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Hmmm well it is the same thing. couple drips on both sides of the car. no big deal. not enough to really be noticed but as a typical car guy, little things like that are magnafied. I guess i may as well just be happy that the damn window hasn't come off the track yet Like i know its GOING TO! ugh. its already grinding.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have been in the autoglass business for 15 years and if your car is leaking something is wrong.It can be fixed and I can tell you it would drive me nuts.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

...My problem is a bit worse. On the passenger side behind the front seat where a passenger in the back would put their feet the floor is a little lower. It's almost like a perfect little dish. This depression COMPLETELY fills up with water, nearly 4 inches deep at times. This happens if i simply leave my car in the rain, without driving it. If I do drive in the rain it fills up just as much. I laid in the car diring a rainstorm and the water is NOT frim the t-tops. It seems to just drain in from another spot directly under the front passenger seat. i cannot find the leak and am afraid of mildew and mold destroying my carpet. WTF
Im going to rip out the seats and carpet today and find the leak. If its a hole or something i'll use jbweld to fill it.. hope this works
Old 06-15-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may not be of much help but remove the T tops and clean the rubber trim on the T tops. Also clean where the T tops sit on the roof. Make sure it is properly seated and sealed then lock it down. I had a few drops of water come in to my car when I first bought it. I pulled the tops and repositioned them and no more rain in the car.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

first thing I would do is pull the passenger seat and carpet back from the firewall. Then pop the hood and take off the cowl between the hood and windshield. Have some one get in the car and have the other person spray water where the cowl was on the passenger side. Watch for water running up under the dash where you pulled the carpet back. Also when you pull the cowl off make sure that is is very clean under there pull any leaves or dirt out of the way.The water should drain on the ground in front of the drivers door and the passenger door. When spraying in the cowl area.