General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Adjusting Diff Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adjusting Diff Questions

alright...so lets just say the old GM 10-bolt is holding strong but not as strong as Missouri Curbs....therefore when my passenger side rear tire was hit it (I THINK) knocked the rear end to the left about an inch or so. I am saying this due to when i put on my new (to me) wheels i'm having alot of rubbing issues on the side that got hit. well i thought it was hitting on the lip but thought that it was odd that it was only rubbing on one side then i started looking more closely and i noticed that my passenger side wheel is tucked into the fender wheel where as the driver side wheel is sticking alittle out. i then looked behind the tire to find that it is rubbing on the inner part of the wheel well.

my question is can i fix this myself?
If not
Who should I take it too for a good in expensive fix?
Should i replace anything while i'm in there
(i've heard of adjustable bars or somthing that can move the diff so should i look into buying one of these) thanks alot
Old 08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you bent the panhard bar. If thats bent, I,m sure your axle shaft is bent on the passenger side- possable damage to axle tube also. If you know what I am talking about then you probly can fix it yourself. If not then have a professional look at it. Hope this helps.