General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel or Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel or Ignition

Frst off, somwtimes the car runs normal. Every once in awhile, I'll be driving( holdign teh gas steady) and the RPMS will start going down a little. Soemtimes it will drop down to about 1000 RPM or just stall out.When went to start it the other day, It idled for a few seconds then started to drop RPMS aNd attempt to stall. After it does stall, i do have to hold the gas down to restart the car. I had the Fuel pressure checked and it was at 30-35 PSI but the mechanic said it needs to be at 40-45 PSI.
I'm starting to leans toward a fuel problem a this point.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RobZ28
Frst off, somwtimes the car runs normal. Every once in awhile, I'll be driving( holdign teh gas steady) and the RPMS will start going down a little. Soemtimes it will drop down to about 1000 RPM or just stall out.When went to start it the other day, It idled for a few seconds then started to drop RPMS aNd attempt to stall. After it does stall, i do have to hold the gas down to restart the car. I had the Fuel pressure checked and it was at 30-35 PSI but the mechanic said it needs to be at 40-45 PSI.
I'm starting to leans toward a fuel problem a this point.
It sounds like your fuel pump is dying to me. However, I would clean up your MAF sensor with electronics cleaner before you do anything. You might just have a dirty MAF sensor.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how is the timing in the car looking, if the timing is off it will effect how much fuel is injected....but yes it could also be a dieing fuel pump
Old 09-01-2006, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

How much would a Fuel pump set me back? Is it defintely a fuel pump if it is a fuel problem or could it be injectors, fuel fitler, etc..?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:48 AM
Banned

sounds like fuel try changin ur fuel filter if not change the spark plugs and wires.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before you go throwing money at the fuel pump just check everything else to....like i said check your timing...and the small things like the filter