General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Gas pedal Stuck !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas pedal Stuck !!

started the camaro yesterday and thought of taking around my sub division.

turned a corner and whacked it, and as i left off the gas the pedal did not come back up with my foot,

threw it in neutral / shut her down / scared the crap out of me

so, i removed the aftermarket pedal overlays i had, and threw them out checked the cables and they looked ok.

one time freak thing ?? i thought the gas pedal and "rod" that goes to the firewall seemed kind of loose, i know most are, but seemed alittle more than normal, maybe i was just looking for something to be wrong,

anyone have this problem happen before ??
Old 12-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if the over lay got wedged into the carpet or something stupid.

I had my gas stick on my 94 z28 but the TB caught on some clip which sucked because it was a A4 car.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your throttle body, it might be gummed up. in my silverado the gas pedal would stick. just go get you a can of throttle body cleaner and a tooth brush and clean it really well. i did that and never had a problem! also while you're at it, get some lithium grease and grease the throttle spring!

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
started the camaro yesterday and thought of taking around my sub division.

turned a corner and whacked it, and as i left off the gas the pedal did not come back up with my foot,

threw it in neutral / shut her down / scared the crap out of me

so, i removed the aftermarket pedal overlays i had, and threw them out checked the cables and they looked ok.

one time freak thing ?? i thought the gas pedal and "rod" that goes to the firewall seemed kind of loose, i know most are, but seemed alittle more than normal, maybe i was just looking for something to be wrong,

anyone have this problem happen before ??