General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

O2 Sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 Sensor help

I am going to FINALLY get off my *** and swap out my O2 sensors since my codes are screaming at me to do so. I picked up some Densos and was just wondering about the placement. As dumb as this sounds what direction are they speaking of when it says right front or left front? Is that facing the vehicle or when underneath and looking towards the front bumper? The front right PN is 2344087 and the front left PN is 2344025. I really just need to know which one goes on the driver side and the rest all fall into place since the rears and one front are all the same. This is probably a ridiculous question, but what we work on at my job we consider positions differently depending on where you are standing or component you are looking at. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Someone out there able to help clear this up?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think it's from inside the car looking forward, i.e. bank1 is driver side, bank 2 is passenger side. The only difference is the length of the harness right? Just hold the new ones up to what's installed.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

That's what I figured I would do too if I couldn't get a concrete answer here. Once I get it done I will post the answers. Glad to hear you are thinking the same as me though in regards to driver position.