General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Front Control Arm Bushings?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Control Arm Bushings?!?!?!

After purchasing my B4C, The first thing I wanted to freshen up was the suspension. I have replaced everything on the car except for the front control arm bushings. I purchased a bushing kit for it and upon reading the instructions and calling the tech line at prothane. I found out that I have to reuse the steel shells on the factory bushings. Anybody have any experience with this? I have removed the control arms and inspected the stock bushings, and they are definitely worn out. I replaced the bushings on a 3rd gen car and it was a real pain in the ***. This looks even worse. Any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure exactly what your asking or im just lost....but when it comes to replacing ushings...its good to do all of them up front, or youll have uneven wear, esp. if there already worn out bad
Old 01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you remove the old bushings from the control arms without destroying them (steel shells) and then remove the rubber from the steel shells, again without destroying them. So that I can use the prothane bushing kit I bought?