General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 problems

Cruise control will not work....i press the button with the switch in the correct position and it will not engage into cruise control

and when i have my AC on it rumbles...the air is ICE cold but it rumbles around the glove box
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Check fuses for the cruise control, other than that its a weeding out process for which component has failed.

I've had a rumbling sound in my dash board like 4 times since I've owned my car for 9 years. It would rumble for like 1 day and then go away. So like every 2-3 years it would come and go. I have no clue what it is.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1SSZ28
Cruise control will not work....i press the button with the switch in the correct position and it will not engage into cruise control.
Check for proper operation of your brakelights(with a helper or back up close to a wall) if your brakelight switch is damaged it may not let your C/C engage. Same with your clutch pedal switch. Are you the original owner? If you aren't maybe the previous owner disconnected/removed something. One last idea, do all F-bodies come with C/C standard? If not, maybe someone replaced the original non-cruise control turn signal switch with an incorrect one that has the controls for C/C. My .02