General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start...

This spring went to go out and as normal I let my car idle up for a while before I go driving. Well this time it died on me after a couple minutes of idling. Tried starting it several times and it just wouldn't go. Fast forward.... couple months busy with other things and the battery dies. Today I replaced the battery and it will turn over but wont even give a hint of trying to fire up. Smell no fuel and with my little knowledge I'm guessing I have no fuel getting to the engine to fire it up. Any idea's whats going on? Tried to replace the fuel filter but I park in gravel and can't jack the car up. Thanks in advance.

JasonG
Old 07-20-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonG
This spring went to go out and as normal I let my car idle up for a while before I go driving. Well this time it died on me after a couple minutes of idling. Tried starting it several times and it just wouldn't go. Fast forward.... couple months busy with other things and the battery dies. Today I replaced the battery and it will turn over but wont even give a hint of trying to fire up. Smell no fuel and with my little knowledge I'm guessing I have no fuel getting to the engine to fire it up. Any idea's whats going on? Tried to replace the fuel filter but I park in gravel and can't jack the car up. Thanks in advance.

JasonG
Check your ground on the battery first off .
When you turn the key you will hear a whine noise for a few seconds . This will be the fuel pump . Just turn the key to wherethe guages light up butnot to try and crank it .
Old 07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Connect a fuel pressure gauge to the schrader valve on your fuel rails and then turn the key forward. You will be able to see if fuel is getting to the motor or not, and then we can help you from there.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Can do. I'll pick one up tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Thanks.

JasonG