General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fixing e-brake pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fixing e-brake pressure?

My e-brake goes up higher now when I pull it up, whereas before it would only need to be pulled up a little bit to lock the rear wheels. After putting LCA relocation brackets something must have caused this to change. Did the cable come loose somewhere? What do I do to fix this?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaos_
My e-brake goes up higher now when I pull it up, whereas before it would only need to be pulled up a little bit to lock the rear wheels. After putting LCA relocation brackets something must have caused this to change. Did the cable come loose somewhere? What do I do to fix this?
According to my repair manual, you have to remove the rear discs to get at the adjuster screw for the parking brake. It says to adjust the screw outward until the shoe lining starts to drag, then remove the disc and back off the screw until there is no drag and the disc spins freely. It specifies a clearence of .026" between the lining and the disc.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and how do i get to all of this?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the brakes are right behind the wheels...

I just noticed you have Baer brakes, this might mean a different method is used to adjust the parking brake. Who installed your brakes? I would check with them.