General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just Installed the Auto Trix Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Installed the Auto Trix Kit

Finally got around to installing that Auto Trix Window Fix.

Here's the instructions which I pretty much followed exactly.

From the time I walked out of the car until I shot the vids was a few minutes shy of 3 hours. I took quite a few breaks since it was way to hot to be out there. Zero clouds. Plus, I took my time to use as much of the stock wire loom under the hood. And I actually still have more spots to tuck in. Also, if you read the instructions you'll see that it shows the positive wire being connected on the Passenger side. Well, my positive terminal is on the driver side. Guess it changed at a certain year. That extra wire routing cost me at least an extra 30-45 minutes. I'm OCD about stray wires under my hood. Luckily there is enough power wire in the kit to reach across to the drivers side. Wire routing was probably the most time consuming part. If you can read a simple wiring schematic and have basic tools and some crimpers you'll have no problem installing it. Enough about the install, I'll let the video tell the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMjA7jsHJQw
Old 08-04-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am seriously wishing I had the money/time for this kit...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Simply amazing. It's only 60 bucks to do both windows.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Teching In

I installed this kit in my '98 Z28, along with a new passenger window motor....whole thing took a little over 2 hours with no breaks Great product! My 200 Amp Alternator goes in next............
Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default window

i've owned the car for 6 years and this pass. window has always been slow last week it actually stopped I let the motor cool and it did roll up to the top.

haven't rolled pass. window down sense.

?1. it has been cold here lately doe's temp. have an effect on electric window preformance?

?2. I know it's a matter of time to replace this POS GM motor but am thinking of doing auto trix first to see if I can squeeze a few more roll ups out of current motor?

thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default alt.

Originally Posted by gannyz28
I installed this kit in my '98 Z28, along with a new passenger window motor....whole thing took a little over 2 hours with no breaks Great product! My 200 Amp Alternator goes in next............
granny where are you getting you're new 200 amp alt. ?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Great fix. I saved the link to their website.

Here's the cheaper solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VWb...eature=related
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plopp
That dude was funny...
Old 12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by badmfkr
i've owned the car for 6 years and this pass. window has always been slow last week it actually stopped I let the motor cool and it did roll up to the top.

haven't rolled pass. window down sense.

?1. it has been cold here lately doe's temp. have an effect on electric window preformance?

?2. I know it's a matter of time to replace this POS GM motor but am thinking of doing auto trix first to see if I can squeeze a few more roll ups out of current motor?

thanks

Temp does affect window performance but that doesnt mean your window wont roll up in the cold after an install ( of a motor or autotrix )

Results have varied with installs on old or original window lift motors although it is definatly worth a try. Even the worst case scenario is that you will have to take the door panel back off and replace the motor; and with the autotrix kit installed your new motor will only benefit from this.
Sometimes it is just time for a new lift motor, but in most cases people have rejoiced in the fact of not having to replace their window motor!

Some of the vids posted here and on the website should state if they are installling with a new motor or an existing motor. Let us know if there are any other Q's
Old 12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default address

Originally Posted by autotrix
Temp does affect window performance but that doesnt mean your window wont roll up in the cold after an install ( of a motor or autotrix )

Results have varied with installs on old or original window lift motors although it is definatly worth a try. Even the worst case scenario is that you will have to take the door panel back off and replace the motor; and with the autotrix kit installed your new motor will only benefit from this.
Sometimes it is just time for a new lift motor, but in most cases people have rejoiced in the fact of not having to replace their window motor!

Some of the vids posted here and on the website should state if they are installling with a new motor or an existing motor. Let us know if there are any other Q's
Hi I tryed to find you're address.

don't have pay pal but can send a money order for you're product.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

http://www.autotrix.net

PM sent with mailing info, thanks for the interest!