General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C Problem on a 2000 S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C Problem on a 2000 S-10 Blazer

Hey guys, wondered if anyone had an electrical schematic of the A/C system on a 2000 S-10 Blazer, my step-mom is having problems with it. The clutch is cycling on/off, refrigerant level is good yet it still cycles and sometimes won't come on at all. What else could be wrong? Faulty low pressure switch? Bad switch in the passenger compartment?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon5212
The clutch is cycling on/off?
ok this is normal
, refrigerant level is good yet it still cycles
thats a good thing

and sometimes won't come on at all.
now you got an issue. You need to monitor the high side and low side pressures. To see if the pressure switch is working right. Does the air get hot when it stays off for a while or does it stay cold when it does not work for long periods.
What else could be wrong? Faulty low pressure switch? Bad switch in the passenger compartment?
Are you saying you turn the a/c on and nothing happens. Or are you saying that the a/c quits working after a while.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remove the connector for the pressure cycling switch (on the accumulator)and jumper it with a paper clip or something. if it works replace the switch. these go out all the time on the trucks.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

To Shotty... i know all that was correct... except the cycling, the A/C compressor at idle should not cycle with good pressure... and the pressure was checked with manifold gauges. problem is the A/C operation was intermitent. Sroach20 thanks I'll try that, I didn't know that was a common fault point. So jumper the wire itself and if the clutch kicks on then something is wrong with the switch? I'll give that a shot and post my results when I get a chance. Also i was asking for electrical diagram because in case its an electrical problem i don't know how much more controls the clutch operation on the A/C, I know the computer will shut it off when you go WOT but I believe thats all it controls?
Thanks guys.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Teching In

electrical schematics are copyrighted. Unless someone draws them out by hand or in mspaint for you

Quick Reply: A/C Problem on a 2000 S-10 Blazer