General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

full of water

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full of water

ok everytime it rains hard my trunk has water standing in it were is a common place to look for a leak?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z2fast8
ok everytime it rains hard my trunk has water standing in it were is a common place to look for a leak?
Check the trunk seal. Depending on the angle of the parking space and weather or not you pull in or back in water tends to pool in the channels to the left and right of the hatch seal. This always happened to me. If you have a rip in the seal anywhere on the lower portion (near the speakers or the t-top well) then the water can seep in. I would look there first, and also check to see if the seal is worn or not pressed on correctly (there should be a metal lip that it holds on to). I would also suggest parking so the channels can drain towards the designated path near the taillights.

also check the lower seal of your rear glass. If its leaking it would drip right into the trunk
Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Also it if is parked on nose down on a decline, and the hatch seal appears to be in good shape, pull the trunk seal off, run a bead of black RTV in the channel of the weather strip where it attaches to the fender.

This is mostly a camaro problem due to the fender being higher than the seal. On Firebirds, the finder is not so high.