General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

blinker question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinker question

First let me say I did read the sticky
Now my right blinker works fine, the left does not. When the hazards are on, all lights flash and work, but when I just use the left turn signal, stays lit, no flash on rear or front. All lights were replaced and just checked today and all work perfect. Now I first thought maybe theres a short somewhere, but would have no idea where to check first. Is it possible there is a contact problem in the flasher column unit itself? Just trying to get some ideas before I start tearing into things I possibly don't need to.
any ideas welcome lol i'm back at square one
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Having close to the same problem. I'm thinking you may need a new turn signal socket.

My right turn signal quit working; I bought a new bulb and cleaned the contact on the socket, they had some corrosion. It worked great for awhile then it quit working again. So I did the same thing, which worked for awhile. Now it's not working again. I tried places like Auto Zone and local parts stores for the right turn signal socket for my car (98 Tran Am), but they either couldn't get it, and others gave me the wrong one. Now I got an appointment with Chevy dealership and having them fix it. I'm getting tired of trying to fix it.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Try this for a test: Swap your hazard flasher with your turn flasher to see if your turn signals work...9/10 times it is as simple as a flasher! Even if it doesnt seem like it. The different circuit resistances (per side) cause an inop for a certain side at times, I suppose that you cleaning things helped crutch the weak flasher along. Anything is possible with electrical, good luck!