General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Costco Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Costco Gas?

I'm considering a Coscto membership and have been through the past threads and saw lots of favorable reviews but not much on quality of gas. Does or has anyone used their gas? Is it good, bad, cause knocking, lower mileage, etc? Does anyone know where they get their gas? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

doesn't run much different in my car than chevron in all honesty, I get whatevers closest when I'm out of gas (if I need a fill up at work, it's costco gas, if I'm closer to home, chevron) ... it's worth the discount at times, but the chevron I go to only runs maybe 3 cents higher than the costco (costco is also near a highway) ...

the membership probably paid for itself just in gas savings alone though
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

I like their gas.. In my NON-Performance cars...
Both Chevron and Costco gas detonate like a motherfucka in my car..
I am running 1 stage colder, TR6'ers, but that is not it..

I have a certain gas station I put citgo gas in.... NO detonation... nothing .. great gas.

Be careful if you are running your car hard...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been filling up at COSTCO for six years and haven't had a problem. I've used their gas regularly in my WS6, Envoy XUV, Sebring JXi, and three Grand Prix GTPs.

I've been told they primarily use EXXON gas. But, on ocassion, I've seen a Shell truck pull up and fill the tanks. They're premium gas is 93 octane and they're regular is 87.

Plus, like the other guy said, my savings in gas over the past 6 years has more than made up for the membership. We have the Executive Gold membership which also gives you a percent back on all purchases. We enjoy shopping there and you can get some pretty good deals. I've noticed in my Consumer Reports magazines that their products (Kirkland) normally get a pretty good rating.

Marc
Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I stopped over there tonight and asked the attendant where they get their gas from and he said it was BP (at least here in Atlanta, I read online where others use Exxon or Shell). I've been using BP in my Z28 for 4 years now and have been happy. But, now I feel kinda dumb I didn't check it out soon sooner... it's only two blocks from the BP I've been using. The membership would have paid for itself in fuel savings alone since I don't have to go out of my way.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what I put in my T/A when I had it. And that what i've been putting on the s10 blazer I drive every day. Never had a problem. Runs the same as when I fill up with Chevron, Shell, Valero or Exxon and gives me the same milege.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had those gas stations at the costco near me. Back when I was in Cali, I'd fill up there all the time, although it sounds like now they don't have as big as a price advantage (though every bit helps).
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Banned

i hav heard BP is excellent gas, it is also used in airplanes as well, too bad we hav no BP here in CA
Old 12-01-2007, 03:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nytmare1
I've been filling up at COSTCO for six years and haven't had a problem. I've used their gas regularly in my WS6, Envoy XUV, Sebring JXi, and three Grand Prix GTPs.

I've been told they primarily use EXXON gas. But, on ocassion, I've seen a Shell truck pull up and fill the tanks. They're premium gas is 93 octane and they're regular is 87.

Plus, like the other guy said, my savings in gas over the past 6 years has more than made up for the membership. We have the Executive Gold membership which also gives you a percent back on all purchases. We enjoy shopping there and you can get some pretty good deals. I've noticed in my Consumer Reports magazines that their products (Kirkland) normally get a pretty good rating.

Marc
You can't know unless you don't have knock sensors and O2s. Gas will vary the requirements. Knock sensors and O2s make up for it real quick.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

how much of a saving do u guys get? my costco doesnt have gas and i have a card
Old 12-01-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bricez28
how much of a saving do u guys get? my costco doesnt have gas and i have a card

The COSTCO I go to generally has their gas priced about $.10 to $.12 less expensive as the brand name stations and $.06 to $.08 less expensive than the Quicky Mart kinda places.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Costco has extremely good quality control and I don't think they would stop at their gas. I believe if you buy from costco you're getting a good product. From gas, to Diamonds.

Quick Reply: Costco Gas?