General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

is it my fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it my fuel pump?

car has hard time starting since i got the thing about 5 months ago....... anyways once it starts cold seems fine........but as it warms up idle goes to ****... shaking and ****...........but if i keep picking up speed drives fine... but at stops again goes to **** anybody know? the car is 2001 Z28 A4 Long tubes off road y pipe with borla cat back thats it......is it the pump or the plug wires... cuz the plugs got changed a month ago.........
Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

May not be the same but my car had a massive vacuum leak and it acted really similar. I didn't think mine was the fuel pump because during acceleration it ran smooth it was at idle and cruising that I noticed it acting up. Mine eventually tripped a SES code as it was trying to run lean. So check out all your vacuum and pcv sys tubes.... and hope it's not the fuel pump cause that's a [insert explicitive here] to change out!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JamesR311
May not be the same but my car had a massive vacuum leak and it acted really similar. I didn't think mine was the fuel pump because during acceleration it ran smooth it was at idle and cruising that I noticed it acting up. Mine eventually tripped a SES code as it was trying to run lean. So check out all your vacuum and pcv sys tubes.... and hope it's not the fuel pump cause that's a [insert explicitive here] to change out!
where was your vacuum leak?? cracked manifold??
Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ae13291
where was your vacuum leak?? cracked manifold??
my pcv system, it was all but broke in two where the pcv valve is, started making me run bad lean
Old 02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Try the IAC motor. Always a good start. Unplug it and if it doesn't change anything, you got your problem.