General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

noisy ride!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noisy ride!

my car is so dang noisy and i sometimes get the feeling that something is going to break...
i get a "donk" when shifting into second at slow speed and when i hit bumps the car makes a different "donk" which sounds like it is coming from the lca's and i have new shocks... i have factory 3:23's that whine constantly...

are there shops that will give my car i look over and make sure the drivetrain is fine and try to get rid of all the noises?

or is everyone elses f-body a creek making, noisy machine?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBANDIT
my car is so dang noisy and i sometimes get the feeling that something is going to break...
i get a "donk" when shifting into second at slow speed and when i hit bumps the car makes a different "donk" which sounds like it is coming from the lca's and i have new shocks... i have factory 3:23's that whine constantly...

are there shops that will give my car i look over and make sure the drivetrain is fine and try to get rid of all the noises?

or is everyone elses f-body a creek making, noisy machine?
Well, the donk when shifting could be a bad tranny mount...do you have aftermarket exhaust?? Headers?? Larger y-pipe?? they could be hitting your floor board or frame rail... is the car lowered?? check your wheel well/bump stop area to see if a tire is hitting when going over bumps. Check all bolts and torque to specs .....LCA/PHB/TA/Shock nuts. You don't need a shop, you can do this yourself.