General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ls1 runs like crap in the rain, sometimes before it rains.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 runs like crap in the rain, sometimes before it rains.

ls1 is in a 240sx. runs great till it rains. a few times is has done it before it even started raining. and even after the rain has stop it will still act up.

this is whats its doing. it runs like i took off a 1 spark plug wire and still tried to drive it. idles very low. very jerky. if going down the road while its acting up, i can give it some gas (anything over 40% on the TPS) and it starts running right and feels like a bus just rear ended you.

i looked at the filter. i cant see any more then a few drops from just the wind bring it in. one day i put a piece of sheet metal around it to make sure and it still did it.

i am getting a knock sensor code but i have been getting that for awhile now and from my understanding that wouldnt be it but im not sure.

it running fine at anything over 40% on the TPS makes me think O2 sensors but i dont know when the pcm decides its in WOT mode or see how they would be getting wet.

please!!! any ideas would be great full. this is a PITA.

Last edited by fouz65; 07-29-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

start with the plugs and wires, bad wires tend to act up when it gets damp out

since it seems it could also be related to a certain percentage on the TPS i would check the voltage range on the TPS and see if it checks out when at idle and at WOT
Old 07-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Wait till its dark out or pull in a garage and shut the lights off and with the car running use a spray bottle to mist the coils and wires, if they are arcing you will see it, sounds like you may just need a tune up.