General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

alternator dies quick help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default alternator dies quick help???

Can anyone help me figure this out???

Im on my 3rd alternator in like 2weeks, the first were brand new ac delco and the last one i put on today was an autozone remanufactured one, i bout a brand new battery today and put it on along with the alternator and still the same thing happened.

within 5miles of driving the traction control light, abs light, check guage light and others come on on the dash and the battery guage goes into the yellow, i have never had one single problem with my car besides this so i know it has to be the alternator, i keep taking them off and taking them right back the first two tested bad and i havent took this one in yet.

What would be the cause of this anyone know? is it too much voltage going thru the alt or something? i have used the search button but am still lost on this . what would be a simple fix for this??

i had intentions on getting rid of the car being that it is my second car now but i am going to keep it since i found a bigger car for the kiddos now im having second thoughts bout keeping it, poor car. by the way it is a 98 pontiac trans-am
Old 08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search and read.

This is a common issue.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok today i took my alternator and got it checked and everything tested good it was charging and all. but now when i get on the highway my abs light, ebrake light and traction control light come on?? anyone have anyclue what could be the reason for that?? could it be i have a wiring problem of some sort any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated..............