General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Interior lights come on while driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior lights come on while driving

Well I'm driving at night and I hit a little bump and my dome light comes on. So this happens a couple of times and I pull into a parking lot and pull the bulb out. Get back on the road and the map lights (the ones in the review mirror) come on when I hit a bump. So I pull over again and take those stupid bulbs out and put the dome light bulb back in (thought it was just the front lights maybe) Well I was had the problem again and now I took out all the bulbs. So my car is nice and dark when I open the door. To me I have a loose connection somewhere and since I don't totally understand electrical stuff I thought I would ask where I should start looking to fix the problem?

Thanks
Nathan
Old 08-24-2008, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a switch in the door latch that turns the lights on and off when the door opens and closes. It may be something loose in there or its going bad.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could also be the hatch - I'd try moving it up and down a little/gently hitting it with your palm with it closed.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem last night while working on the car the lights wouldn't go out. Finally checked hatch and carpet near the latch was pinched and I suppose had something to do with the circuit. cleared it and they were fine.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The back hatch is not fully closed. Hit a bump and tries to open, lights come on....Check if there is something getting in the way when closing.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was the stupid hatch. Man I don't understand I always make sure it's closed. O well Thanks

Now I got to get the bulbs back in the map lights. I think I messed up one of the sockets when getting it out. It's really loose.

Thaks again