Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to power alternator with relocation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to power alternator with relocation?

where do you guys get power for the alternator when relocating it to the pass side head? right now its straight to the fuse box but now 12" of cable has turned into over 3'. please let me know what you guys have done. thanks, adam
Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by adam`
where do you guys get power for the alternator when relocating it to the pass side head? right now its straight to the fuse box but now 12" of cable has turned into over 3'. please let me know what you guys have done. thanks, adam

where do you get power? same place you did before just extend the wires to make them reach. And actually you would be shortening the wire going to the battery since it will be much closer to the battery now, as far as the exciter wire I would just extend it, it needs to be the same wire it was before so that your warning light will still work properly. What that means is when the alt is not charging the battery warning light comes on, the alternator is turned on by that same wire that the warning light is on, its actually a direct powered wire going through the warning light and out to the alternator, if the alternator is not charging it grounds that wire and makes the light come on.