Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Dynatech 1 7/8" Headers w/ slip on collectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone using Dynatech 1 7/8" Headers w/ slip on collectors?

I have a pair I'm about to install and was wondering if anyone experiences leaks at the point where the collector slides on. I'll be using them on the street.

Here's a pic:
http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...=dragsb93fbody
Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Having had ball and socket connection headers/ypipe and slip on I have no preference between the two. With the slip fit so long as the pipes are expanded properly so that they fit tightly there should be no problems. Use o2 sensor safe RTV and accuseal clamp
Old 11-25-2008, 06:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MAD_RACING
I have a pair I'm about to install and was wondering if anyone experiences leaks at the point where the collector slides on. I'll be using them on the street.

Here's a pic:
http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...=dragsb93fbody

I have these.....um ya....they leak like hell, my suggestion is put the collector on and take it to a weld shop and get it welded inside and outside, this is what i plan on doing while i do my head swap, also make sure that the drivers side o2 bung is pointed up and the pass. side is pointed towards your trans before you get it welded, there's just no room for the o2 sensor to go straight up on the pass. side. Don't worry about fitment with the collectors on...they literally fall in from the bottom, and the shine forever.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I had my TD's built we used V-bands for everything. It makes taking the exhaust apart and putting it back together a super easy, and no leaks. It's a little extra coin but in the long run it makes working on the exhaust much easier.