Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spohn Solid Motor Mount install?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn Solid Motor Mount install?

Just curious i've tried searching but i can't really find a write up on how to install these. I'm guessing you can't do one side at a time you have to jack the motor up and remove both mounts and install them and then lower it back down and bolt the new mounts to the kmember? Should you leave the block mount bolts slightly loose to align the bottom part to the kmember so you don't strip those bolts or will it align itself as you lower the engine? Thanks guys.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you have to do both sides at the same time. The guy that did mine didnot and one side came loose. Its real easy and dont forget to replace the ground strap you will c it.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

is there a write up for this?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Couple hints from my driver's side this weekend.

Start off by removing the alternator. I know, it sucks, just do it and save yourself the trouble of getting frustrated later and having to pull it anyway. 3x15mm in the front, 13mm in the back, 1/2 for the wire, don't forget the connector up top!

Remove the steering shaft. Make sure you lock down the steering wheel so it doesn't spin while the shaft is out. 10mm from the top, 10mm from the bottom just above the steering rack. Pull it away from the rack and slide it up the shaft coming from your steering wheel, then once disengaged pull it all the way out.

On the driver side there is a heat shield held onto the studs of the top two motor mount cradle-to-block with two 10mm or 11mm bolts. I used a shorty 1/4" ratchet to get those off.

All my driver side motor mount to block bolts were studded, requiring a deep socket or a wrench. 13mm for this IIRC

Motor mount pedestals have 4x15mm bolts into the k-member with bushings. Once you remove the large thru-bolt you can jack the engine up just enough to get at three of the pedestal bolts from behind the k-member. I had luck getting the last (front, outer) from above.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:37 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On these can I use them on my LT1 K member? I'd really like to have to avoid swapping the K members. I'm guessing I'd have to drill new holes in the K member for them to line up? I'm not sure if they are the same.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have em i loveit, little vibe when you roll of in first , thats it, the k member should be the same, just tell whomever you order from, the SPOHN are a very quality piece

Quick Reply: Spohn Solid Motor Mount install?