Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 TA Exhaust Questions Headers/Cats/EGR/AIR

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 TA Exhaust Questions Headers/Cats/EGR/AIR

I have a 2000 TA and i threw a SES light so i want to gut the cats. I was wondering if shorty headers can use the original Y Pipe? I found shorty headers on the ebay for $110. If i can use the original y pipe then what can i do for the O2 sensors, i know of simulators i can buy but i also heard you can use washers and just space them out of the stream and they will work??
Plus should I have enough backpressure with the shorty headers, gutted cats, stock y pipe, and a loudmouth res.? Also does getting rid of the EGR and AIR help the car any? Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rddragon
I have a 2000 TA and i threw a SES light so i want to gut the cats.
wut was the trouble code?

I was wondering if shorty headers can use the original Y Pipe? I found shorty headers on the ebay for $110. If i can use the original y pipe then what can i do for the O2 sensors, i know of simulators i can buy but i also heard you can use washers and just space them out of the stream and they will work??
yes, shorty headers can use the stock y-pipe, but idk why you would wanna use the stock one when you can get an aftermarket one for $120

Plus should I have enough backpressure with the shorty headers, gutted cats, stock y pipe, and a loudmouth res.?
ya, you wont have a prob

Also does getting rid of the EGR and AIR help the car any? Thanks
doesnt add any power, just cleans up the engine bay makin it look better and slightly easier to work on in the future. also it removes some weight off the car.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see much point in that set up. It probably won't gain much power, and probably be obnoxiously loud and raspy.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

The setup is low budget is partially why i am doing it, the other part of it is that my cats are plugging up so while im doing the maintenance for it i might as well help the engine out. I mean shorty headers surely wont hurt the power any. You can never be to loud... I live in Kansas anyone can do whatever they want. Lol Thanks for the advice Advaric3