Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pasesetter headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pasesetter headers

i just installed my long tube headers coated and y pipe onto my factory cat back system abd there were no fitimint issues with the kit other than where the y pipe went into the factory exhaust they were the same size, and alil hitting of the y pipe on my floor board but fixed it so,i give it a 8 out of 10 for quality and install, i did mine on the ground , and not on my rack just to get an idea of how it was for those who dont have a rck to use and no a tech at a dealship like me, it can be dont by the average joe in a weekend on the ground, i will have pics soon thanks
Old 09-28-2003, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Default Re: pasesetter headers

Any problems with the EGR/AIR?

Do pacesetters come with the EGR/AIR fittings?
Old 09-28-2003, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They do come with EGR/AIR fittings.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

i had no problems with egr/air on the car all mine were in the place they should have been didnt have to bend pull move or tug anything, or change angles, and if you mean fitting it had the fittings to connect the factory tubes up to the headers ofcorse welded to the headers, even came with a egr block off for the headers if i didnt have egr intake, like i said only issue had was where the y pipe fitted to the factory exhaust they were same size, ill have pics of headers sometime if your into seeing them havent takin any pics of them on the car yet, look good though
Old 09-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Yup I would give them a 7 on quality, 8.5 on performance, 8.5 on install, and 10 on bang for the buck. I removed my air system (saved 8lbs )and welded the holes shut. Also, I did not hook up my rear O2 sensors because it only had 3 bungs total.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Why would you guys give an 8.5 on performance? Seems like they perform as well as any thing on the market according to the posts I've read. Let's see some #'s. Is it worth it to spend $200 more for other headers?
Old 09-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

I gained 13 RWHP and 3 RWTQ with the Pacesetters with a proper A/F ratio attained with the MAFT.

Track times? Not yet as I can't get the car to hook.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Launching!

That was a conservative performance rating of 8.5, sorry it would probably take 150 hp/tq to get a 10 on performance in my book and that will never happen . I gained .5 in the 1/4 4mph after I added the headers/ory, but having the Hotcam already probably exaggerated those numbers slightly. I would guess these headers are within 5hp of the "best" headers on the market.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Mine should be getting here any day now. How long did it take you guys to install them? Whats the best way to start and do you have any sounds clips of the exhaust? I have true duals with high flow cats that im gonna make to where I can bolt on of i want quite or bolt of for louder sound and performance.

Scott
Old 10-05-2003, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

i gained 18 hp and thats through stock cat back, sounds good too its kinda quiety at an idle cant pass for stock untill all up in it , its louds as hell, sounds good not like a dump truck, id give it a 9 on perf, and 8 on qual, and install, y pipe the only thing that i would have changed, and to answer dudes question about paying 200 more for some hell no! hell i got my headers coated and y pipe and o2 sims shipped to do and all for 530 not bad thanks
Old 10-05-2003, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bang for the buck a definite 10. Finish 7 and performance 8.
a good investment in general, easy to install. Had the same thing with Cat back (Hooker) not fitting properly but the local muff shop enlarged the Y pipe end a little and it was a match.
I give them thumbs up.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my pacesetter LT's and the ORY-pipe on the way. i Will be installing them next weekend out of the garage. If ya have any helpful tips(since ya just did it)i would really appreciate it. I have never done it and it looks like there is no room to work under the hood and be a tight fit. thanks.. Oh, what did you do to keep to y-pipe from banging on the floor board?
Old 10-05-2003, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you guys purchasing your headers from? Who has the best prices/service for them? The more I read about them, the more I want a set.

So much for leaving this car "stock."
Old 10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have my pacesetter LT's and the ORY-pipe on the way. i Will be installing them next weekend out of the garage. If ya have any helpful tips(since ya just did it)i would really appreciate it. I have never done it and it looks like there is no room to work under the hood and be a tight fit. thanks.. Oh, what did you do to keep to y-pipe from banging on the floor board?
Myself i kept the G2 y pipe(2.75' primaries). Had to do some cutting to the y ends and got my muff. shop to make connection tubes to the header collector. No cats W/sims. The rest was straight forward, just don't forget to remove the plugs first. The whole set up was 450 Bucks.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: pasesetter headers *DELETED*

Post deleted by 4thGENRETARD
Old 10-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Launching!

All you need to do is take off your starter and sparkplugs, then just work the headers in. If you have problems you can grind on the flange a little bit or loosen you driver side motor mount and jack up the motor a bit. The passenger side should go right in easy. I welded my y-pipe to the headers, so you may want a welder handy.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I welded my y-pipe to the headers, so you may want a welder handy.
If ur patient no grinding or motor mount loosening needed and I wouldn't weld the Y to the headers for the simple reason that if you need to drop your tranny or change converter or else good luck doing so without doing some major cutting.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

only thing i un done was my steering knuckle and the plugs and wire didnt tale off starter and didnt grind or cutt anything, or even undo a motor mount or mov motor any, for my install.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I installed my Pacesetters & ORY from start to finish in a little under 4hrs. That included having the y end enlarged and about 15 mins of listing to it with uncapped headers it was a easy installation with only a small grind on the "block" on the driver side to slide right in no dyno updates as yet but going to the fbody shootout on the 12th to see the ET gain.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I installed my Pacesetters & ORY from start to finish in a little under 4hrs. That included having the y end enlarged and about 15 mins of listing to it with uncapped headers it was a easy installation with only a small grind on the "block" on the driver side to slide right in no dyno updates as yet but going to the fbody shootout on the 12th to see the ET gain.
Hey man, look me up at the Shootout. I'll be in either a 2000 black Firehawk with black mis-matched wheels {strip rolling stock} or a grey 85 LX Mustang. I'm a short, bald, grey headed old fart.

Judd