Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 100mm Lid...where is it :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP 100mm Lid...where is it :)

You promised us it would be in stock this week...so show us some pictures please
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

Bump for great justice!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

100mm? Ooooo...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I talk to TSP and they said should be out in 2 or 3 wks price still up in the air
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, 100mm
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Last I heard the development and production had slowed because of their focus on their new heads they're designing. Don't expect it anytime this month. My guess is late Feb or early March.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

street warrior what????

Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by teke184
street warrior what????

I don't think it'll be like that. Their first estimate was Jan of '09, this is their first push back, and Jon is saying consistently the same 3-4 weeks. Now if it starts getting pushed back by the months, then we'll have the ultimate "sasquatch induction package" complete w/ 100mm lid ans Street Warrior intake!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by '02 Double U S-6
I don't think it'll be like that. Their first estimate was Jan of '09, this is their first push back, and Jon is saying consistently the same 3-4 weeks. Now if it starts getting pushed back by the months, then we'll have the ultimate "sasquatch induction package" complete w/ 100mm lid ans Street Warrior intake!
this is my problem with companies today. they hype upcomming parts but then they cant even have them when they say they will. its not just TSP thats doing it. though, if they wanted to concentrate on new heads then they should do that. if they want to release a lid that accompanies their 100mm MAF then they should do that, not start one project then push it back because of another. a lot of companies would keep more customers if they finished one project before moving on.
hptuners... autotune has been the next big feature but it keeps getting pushed back because of other projects when it was supposed to come out last year. underestimate and over deliver, not the other way around.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't necessarily think they loose a ton of customers... as soon as the part eventually comes out, I know that many people will still hoard they "buy now" button when they are ready...

I also don't think it's really necessary to post threads like this, just to "egg on" the sponsors... I understand there is frustration... but things are what they are. If you want to know more about a product, then simply have the nuts to pick up the phone and give them a call... otherwise, I'm sure there will be an epic thread by them showing off the new piece if/when it comes out...

just my .02
Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

supply and demand. They figure their new heads will outgain/outsell the lids so it's better from a business standpoint to put the lesser product on the backburner, no matter what you have told the people. Businesses lose and gain customers w/ every product, maybe TSP figures when they gain xxx number of poeple's interest and business for their new heads, that it'll make up for the people who got butt hurt over the lid because they moved production release back.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
this is my problem with companies today. they hype upcomming parts but then they cant even have them when they say they will. its not just TSP thats doing it. though, if they wanted to concentrate on new heads then they should do that. if they want to release a lid that accompanies their 100mm MAF then they should do that, not start one project then push it back because of another. a lot of companies would keep more customers if they finished one project before moving on.
hptuners... autotune has been the next big feature but it keeps getting pushed back because of other projects when it was supposed to come out last year. underestimate and over deliver, not the other way around.
i agree. happens with everything it seems. companies sometimes announce too soon like camaro. not many people are excited about it, at least not nearly as many as years ago. and video games are the same thing and other stuff. they come out like 5 months late, always.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Things don't always work out they way they should on time.Check out the Airbus 350,380and the Boeing 787.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

R&D. The main reasons why products are frequently being delayed to be released. It's an ETA, not a guarantee. Just like working on your car. You tell the wife 2 hrs and a full day later your cars in pieces and you have to go BACK to o'rielly's for the 13th time.

They aren't delaying them to purposely gain interest or in some cases, lack thereof, they do it because they want the best possibly product they can release to the public. I'm sure TSP could be having these fly out the door in massive quantities but w/o proper R&D time, you have the worst word any retailers hates hearing......RECALLS. Because the public gets sooo impatient they rush the product out, then boom, 15,000 parts are recalled and now the business is a piece of **** because they charged you $xxx for a crappy product, that doesn't even hold up. Would you rather have a faulty lid that doesn't seal properly, breaks every tab in the process and causes problems, or wait a month or two extra for something you won't have to worry about once it's installed? Rant over..lol
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

No matter what the real reason, the intent of my post was that I was excited to see it and hopeful. If it's delayed again, oh well. TSP has made lids before, they'll make them again at some point. I'm actually kinda surprised Jason hasn't stopped in to give us an update.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ I know Jon stopped by a similar post in the Gen IV section, so they're not completely out of touch w/ this product. I am just as much as excited as the next guy, I just don't want people to make martyr's out of them just because they're making proper business decisions.

I read earlier someone in this thread dropped the video games example, which is a good one. GTA IV was moved back nearly 1/2 a year and the outcry was astonishing. But come release time, those same people bashing the developers, were in line like lemmings waiting to purchase it.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 PM

I heard Jantzer has a fabricated aluminum box on the way and that a prototype is expected this month. I hope it fits good and works. Imagine the possibilities of polished and anodized. The quality would certainly be top notch.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by whsperingmonkey
I heard Jantzer has a fabricated aluminum box on the way and that a prototype is expected this month. I hope it fits good and works. Imagine the possibilities of polished and anodized. The quality would certainly be top notch.
Now that would be pretty cool if it isn't too expensive.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, we're still working on it. It's a busy time of year for us and all our suppliers, so please be patient with us. We never promised a delivery date on these, we're not that foolish! We had hoped to have them by now, and there were set backs on numerous sides of the project. We'll have the lid done soon, but we do not want to ship them without being sure they are 100% ready to go and without issues/problems. Our old lids never let anyone down on performance or price, and neither will these.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Launching!

sorry for the dumb question, are there incidents when 100 mm is going overboard and will cause no power increase or even a loss of power?