Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker LTs and 3" ORY

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 04:56 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker LTs and 3" ORY

I know there are a lot of threads about this but I have done searches and can't find out exactly what I need to know.

I am looking to get the Hooker LTs and the Hooker 3" ORY pipe. I know I need the o2 SIMMS and o2 extensions, but what is going to happen with the A.I.R. system with no cats? I know they have the A.I.R. provision on the top, and I'd just as soon go ahead and hook it up even if it isn't going to do anything because I want to leave the AIR deal on in case I want to go back to stock. Doesn't the AIR system take that hot gas and throw it down to the cats? What will happen to this portion of the AIR system? What should I do?

Also, does anybody know how the y-pipe fits onto the headers? Is it like the Pacesetters where the y just slips over the ends of the headers? And supposedly the end of the Hooker ORY will slip into a 3" catback I-pipe, can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2003, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Hooker LTs and 3" ORY

If you leave the AIR system hooked up, it won't hurt anything. My Hooker y-pipe fit the headers snugly, and I had no rubbing, banging, or other clearance issues. It also went right into my Hooker 3" catback, and you know how good it sounded, lol.