Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake install question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake install question

So my buddy got an LS6 intake and went to a GM dealer to order 2 coolant plugs and a front coolant pipe. When he received the intake, the bottom fins had been cut out for the lines. Did he waste money on the plugs and pipe since this has already been done or does he still need them to install the intake? I'm thinking he should probably just return them.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Someone previously cut the ribs on the bottom of the intake to clear ls1 coolant lines. You could either keep the ls1 coolant lines or switch to ls6.

I personally would try to keep the ls1 if it will fit since with the ls6 you plug up the back two holes.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks man. It should also be noted that ALL of the fins on the bottom have been ground off. Is this going to affect everything? I know most people just grind out the fins that need to be taken out for the existing piping.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

It should not affect anything unless they went to far and put a hole in the bottom. Plenty of people shave all the ribs off just because its hard to shave off exactly where you need to.