Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of muffler should i get??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of muffler should i get??

ok here's the deal...now that i just bought my headers im left with little money. i bought the ory and the headers from jet hot and put them in..i currently dont have a muffler on the car, but i need one bad..the only problem is i dont want the car to be to quiet..i would like that old nasty v8 sound but without all that obnoxious noise around 2200 rpms and up...i heard a bullet 18" would be good since i dont have the cats...would it be better to get cats put on with no muffler?both? some feedback would be appreciated as i hope to get around to this tomorrow morning..

P.S. im still low on cash so nothing too pricey....
Old 10-25-2003, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

If your are low on cash just buy the bullet style muffler. I think that the 18" would be enough for a quiet system, yet nasty at WOT. I would not worry about the cats unless you seriously hate RASP. I have the SLP LM exhaust w/o cats and it sucks b/c of the rasp. I love the WOT throttle sound of the LM which people say a bullet is roughly the same, with less rasp.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Teching In

hey your in the same predicament i am. i dont have the Y or the header work quite yet, but i am going to be running the 12" bullet muffler with a custom fabbed 3" cat back. still with dual tips of course. I have heard very good things about the bullet muffler and it is fairly cheap in price and really reliable. as BLK2000z28 said it sounds like a loudmouth and flows like one but with less rasp.

Mike