Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual people: How bad is interior resonance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003 | 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Default True dual people: How bad is interior resonance?

True dual people: How bad is interior resonance? I am worried that my car will be too loud, and that I will hate driving it with the duals. I am going to do he interior sound deadening, but really how bad is it? Especially with heads and cam. (I know that my car got considerably louder with he heads and cam than it was before, fwiw)

Thanks, Shawn
Old 10-25-2003 | 09:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
True dual people: How bad is interior resonance? I am worried that my car will be too loud, and that I will hate driving it with the duals. I am going to do he interior sound deadening, but really how bad is it? Especially with heads and cam. (I know that my car got considerably louder with he heads and cam than it was before, fwiw)

Thanks, Shawn
not to bad, i have XR1s and its liveable, it took a few days to get used to but im getting there
Old 10-25-2003 | 10:25 AM
Launching!

With duals and bullets dumped before/at the rearend, the interior resonance varies. Like if you have the windows down, there is no interior resonance. But with the windows up, I rattle just about everything inside. lol It's not too bad once you get use to it. I can still carry a conversation and listen to the stock sound system with no problems.
Old 10-25-2003 | 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xerxes
With duals and bullets dumped before/at the rearend, the interior resonance varies. Like if you have the windows down, there is no interior resonance. But with the windows up, I rattle just about everything inside.
That's exactly how mine is. My dumps are about halfway between the front and rear tires, and at certain RPMs the resonance/rattling is VERY bad. I'm planning on tips out the sides just to stop it...but for the time being I can deal with it.
Old 10-25-2003 | 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I have duals with dumps at the axles on my stroker motor. It's pretty bad in the car. Tough to carry on a conversation or listen to the radio. I would get the quietest mufflers possible. I had bullets and they were nasty...didn't really sound that good either. Then I switched to moroso spiral flows and they sounded good but still a little loud. Now I have spintechs and they are still very loud but the quietest of the 3.
Old 10-25-2003 | 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I also have the spintechs with dumps before the axle, The only time that it ever bothers me is when I'm in the highway and I have to accelerate using 6th gear. It can drone pretty bad if you do this but if I keep my foot barely on the gas even at highway speeds there is no drone and the sound really kicks *** around town, its so much deeper than any catback I've ever had on the z. I agree with the others though get the quietest muffler cause anything louder than my spintechs would probably get annoying.