Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have a couple problems after long tubes and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default have a couple problems after long tubes and exhaust

well i got my headers and exhaust and well this problem started after i got my exhaust put on.....

my car is a A4 and when it shifts gears it kicks harder....not smooth more like it jumps depending at what rpms im in.....and i noticed this not to long ago when i drive normaly you A4 guys know that it shifts around 2k-2500 rpms well when im at 40-50 mph my rpm go to 3k and then it struggles to shift and it feels like my car is going to shut off so i have to press on the gas harder just to get it to act normal again it only started around 40-50mph but tonight it did from a stop too i took out the air pump and egr, but i think i need a tune or it could be my spark plugs as i did not gap them only the ones on the drivers and i have all stock induction but i would lose low end tourqe so if you guys could give me your opinions
Old 04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you make sure you plugged all the egr **** correctcly and that you didnt break a plug(s) putting the headers in?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

that was my guess too i left my car at my friends shop and by the time i could go pick it up he was done and it seemed to run fine, but im leaning more towards the plugs im going to order some tr55 and msd wires and see how that goes
Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i did my headers i had the same problem of the car just wanting to seem to fall on its face and having to give it alot more gas and not getting any go out of it. I am an M6 not an A4 though but im sure you could relate the two somehow. I finally leaned on it real hard and sure enough my bash turned into a NASA instrument panel with flashing lights and whistles and turnes out i put just enough pressure on two plugs to crack them enough so they just barely worked. TR55s and MSDs later the car ran like a raped ape
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

cool guess ill be ordering some today ...thanx man