Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheetmetal intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sheetmetal intake questions

well, I would like to have an intake manifold built to go under my stock C5 hood. I've sent emails to Beck, Hogan, and Precision Metalcraft. Hope to hear something back soon.

You guys posting up with these intakes, if you don't want to post details would you mind PMing me?

Who built it?
Hood? (stock or other)
Pricing?

I realize most are in the $2-3k range so you arent' going to surprise me. Just want to know specifically from you guys that have been through this already.

Anyone here have experience with the Wilson billet bank manifold? How does it compare to the one off sheetmetals? It looks to me like it has more of a convential style LS runner on the inside from pics I've seen so I just wonder if it performs any better than say, a FAST 92? See here: http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/shop/...oduct_list&c=7

Precision-Metalcraft is the only one that's responded back to my inquiry so far and wants to work on one for me. Do any of you guys that have experience with these prefer using one fab shop over another and why?