Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynomax bullets vs. round

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dynomax bullets vs. round

Ok, I've been lookin for the right muffler for my true dual setup. I've just all along been thinking about going with bullets, but the obnoxiously loud resonation inside the car will probably get old. What about the Dynomax 3" round mufflers? They look like the bullets, but are a little fatter, and a little longer. They still have the same straight-through design, though. Would there be any difference in sound and power with these, as compared to 3" bullets?
Old 11-09-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are both extremely loud. I would look into a borla or atr muffler if you want to quiet it down.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Borla XR1 ovals . . . quiet at light throttle, loud as hell 1/2 to full throttle, all stainless steel construction, and low-back presure straight through design. They have no fiberglass that burns out; instead they use stainless steel wool. Drawback is they are pricey.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Moroso spiral flows are supposedly a little quieter than bullets. Ive been in a car with 3" duals, an X, bullets, no cats, and dumps with LT's. I honestly thought it would be louder inside the car than it is. I will be going with the bullets.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok... I guess I have another question. Is there any power difference between LT's, ORY, and Hooker Catback... compared to LT's, X-pipe, and true duals with bullets?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would do the first option even though it would put out a little less power. The hooker is really quiet, and you wouldn't have to worry about custom fabrication and ground clearance. I have the lt's with 3" true dual x pipe with bullets, and it is like nascar loud. Just depends on what noise level you can deal with I guess.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My duals and bullets is quieter than ungodly rasp of longtubes and loudmouth. At least this sounds good along with the volume.