Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

convert DBC to DBW (opposite of what everyone wants)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convert DBC to DBW (opposite of what everyone wants)

sorry if this is in the wrong section..

ok I did a search, I found a million threads on converting from ETC/drive by wire to drive by cable, but I cant find anything on switching the other way around.

Im getting a 4.8 thats going into my offroad buggy, but its a 99 so its obviously drive by cable. The engine is mounted in the back, and messing around with clunky 14 foot long throttle cables with the existing 4.3 TBI V6 is making me go insane. I would love to convert the 4.8 im getting to drive by wire.

I really dont want to change the harness though. I was looking through SI (dealer service manual) and was comparing a 2003 DBW 4.8 ECM to a 99 4.8 DBC ECM and with the exception of 3 or 4 wires, the pinouts are identical. So can I just reflash my 99 PCM with a drive by wire OS, wire up the TAC and throttle body, and go with it?

I suppose I could also trade complete harnesses and throttle bodies with someone who has a DBW setup and wants DBC...Im sure a million people would jump all over that (I dont know why everyone shuns drive by wire?? I love it)

thanks
ben
Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Teching In

no one wants to get rid of their drive by wire and trade with me??
Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Teching In

ok so it seems I can just plug a 2003+ 1 meg drive by wire PCM right into the drive by cable harness and it will work fine with no problems.

Only thing I will have to do is add the couple additional wires for the TAC module UART data, and change a couple wires for the 02 sensor heaters...

Yes? no?

ben

Quick Reply: convert DBC to DBW (opposite of what everyone wants)