Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Gauges to get for Pod: For NA Cammed LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Gauges to get for Pod: For NA Cammed LS1

Ok, first, I know this thread may go better in the "Appearance" section, however, I believe this question is oriented more towards people with heads/cammed LS bases motors, so more valuable information will be gathered here.

My goal for my car is a full bolt-on car with heads/cam or just cam. No spray or FI. I want to keep it all NA.

I have all the bolt ons and will do a cam swam soon.

But I will be getting a 3 gauge pod for my A-pillar, and was wondering, for a Naturally Aspirated car, which are the most important? Obviously if you have a nitrous car. A/F ratio and pressure important. If you have a FI car, boost and A/F are important all the same.

1)I am confident in the stock oil pressure gauge. It seems to be accurate. I don't think I'll get another one
2)One of the new gauges WILL be a water temp, as we all know the stock one is a dummy switch, pretty much.)

3)So what would be important to keep tabs on on a NA car besides the water temp? I have 2 others to get. Maybe oil temp? Trans temp? I don't think A/F ratio is important with a good tune, yes?

Thanks all!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:58 PM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all I have is one water temp guage and a shift light... I see no need for anything else. Like you said the facory oil pressure guage is accurate enough. I dont care much about what RPM I am at because the shift light will tell me when to shift, plus, I dont have time to be looking at a tach when trying to go down the track. A/F will tell me nothing since the car is tuned, and will stay tuned because I am not changing anything.

All I really need to knowat the track is if I have oil pressure, how hot the car is, and when to shift...
Old 06-11-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would do water temp, oil temp, and maybe a scan gauge ?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a two pillar pod with a wideband and scan gauge. I like the scan gauge because it allows you to view two different parameters(AeroForce Pro) and has a shift light built into it.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
I would do water temp, oil temp, and maybe a scan gauge ?
I'm liking this idea.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scan gauge will give you everything you need in one.

Quick Reply: What Gauges to get for Pod: For NA Cammed LS1