Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POssible to pass emissions without EGR or AIR

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool POssible to pass emissions without EGR or AIR

Im looking to get a set of slp LT's from e-bay and I was wondering since they dont have any emissions equipment if it would still be possible to pass emissions. I live in geogia so emissions have to be done but i was wondering if I get these LT's and then go with an ls-6 intake with no egr if I would be able to pass. They don't do underhood inspections most of the time and I can take it somewhere that will test it no matter what but it still has to pass. I plan to remove the AIR anyways but I need to know how much work is involved getting rid of the egr and then not sending a SES light. I know it can be done but I haven't heard anything about someone passing emissions after doing this stuff. Little bit of help here and quickly would be nice auction ends in 1 day. Also these are for 2001-2002 cars so they should work on my 98 to right. Just no egr crap.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

If they do a visual then you are short. If they dont then you should be fine
Old 11-14-2003, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

About the SES light, all you need is tuning to remove the codes. Laters.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:22 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where I live they do a visual for the EGR and AIR, but I have a 2001 so it didn't come with EGR. I noticed they checked off a box for "not equipt with AIR" even though I still had the AIR system on the car at that time. The bottom line is, it's very dificult to see the AIR pump even when it's there, so many shops won't even notice it's gone. What's funny is I even questioned them on this: "Hey you put down Not Equipt with AIR but it's there, so when I come back next time, it really won't be there!" They said, "Fine, just don't tell us you removed it!" This was a Tunex shop, BTW.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

ls1 edit the codes away and have fun
im sure someone like bille would do it for a fair price

cat's? we dont need no stinkin cats

Quick Reply: POssible to pass emissions without EGR or AIR