Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chambered exhaust vs straight through help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default chambered exhaust vs straight through help.

I know the title sounds like something that has been talked about but i have searched on here and read somethings but couldnt find exactly the right answer i needed. i have hooker longtubes and an ory with an slp lm2 exhaust with two glasspack bullets on the back before the tips to keep it quiet. my questions are i havent sprayed on it yet since i got the bullets put in but will i blow all the fiberglass out on the nitrous for one. for two, would it be more quiet if i put a stock style chambered muffler there like a hooker aerochamber vs what i have now? i have already been warned by a cop that my exhaust is a little too loud still.

thanks guys!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no you will not blow out your glasspacks. the way they are designed makes them straight through. and i would recommend hooker or magnaflow to quiet down your car and still have the power
Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input. should i keep the glasspacks and put them somewhere else or should i just remove them and put a hooker muffler on it?

Quick Reply: chambered exhaust vs straight through help.