Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New year resolution!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New year resolution!

Ok this year im ready to put some LT headers, get rid of the cats and y-pipe, put in an x-pipe and make it a true dual. I just wanted to ask has anyone bought or used the custom X-pipes from speedinc.com? The flowtech 3"universal X-pipe kit? or Pypes 3"universal X-pipe kit? If anyone pls let me know. I already decided what headers ima put in... i still dont know what kind of mufflers to put on... i want it to be "godzilla" mean at WOT but keep that american muscle tone at idle and cruise... any ideas, suggestions, opinions i would really appreciate it... i never done this before so im hoping to find help here. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the jegs or summit universal xpipe on mine. worked out alright but needed alot of fabbing since the driver's side LT collector is angled.

they ARE NOT a bolt up installation that's for sure.

magnaflow 4x9s are awesome...very deep and mellow at idle, but they scream at WOT..without too much rasp due to being full size.

search my name on the TD threads you'll see a comparison between straight pipes and the magnaflows