Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back together... Ran into a wiring problem... HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going back together... Ran into a wiring problem... HELP!!!

Okay heres the story... 2001 b4c going back together... Rolled the cradle/engine/trans under body and let the body down. Everything is bolted in and ready to go. While it was out I put a set of slp long tubes on it. I completely rebuilt it so i had it down to the bare block everything stripped off of it. My only problem is the little harness that goes to the starter/crank sensor... is holding me up and I don't have enough wire to get to the pcm to plug the two main pcm connectors in. When I put it together and put the harness back on the engine I ran those up the back of the block with the rest of the main part of the harness. Is this the right location or does it need to be rerouted up through the headers or what? Its been apart for quite a while and I can't really remember how that part of it was run and I don't have any other ls1 cars to look off of can anybody help me out?????
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that little harness goes under the ac line and directly down the body untill about level with the starter. then it just goes straight across from the body to the starter. It has to go under the ac lines though or else it wont be long enough again.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

The a/c lines aren't even on the car yet. But those wires are ran up the back of the block as of right now. So they do need to just pretty much drop straight down through the primaries? I don't really feel comfortable doing this. It seems like too much heat to me
Old 01-13-2010, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well with the stock manifolds the wires jumped across to the block well underneath them and they were wrapped with a cheap aluminum heat wrap (atleast mine are). With the headers it seems kinda sketchy to me as well. If it were me doing it and since you already have them run behind the block i would try to make a wire extention with a male and female end using a junk harness off of a car, or just extend that portion of the wiring harness with some simple butt connectors. As much as I hate cutting and splicing my harness, that group of wires was definetly short with not much room to work with so if you want to keep them away from the heat thats kinda your only option.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:32 AM
TECH Regular

i dont recomend you cut the harness mine is all messed up and i dont know where but it makes me a lilttle uneasy to cut on the wireing harness but if you do make sure you use the same size wire so it doesnt throw off the readings