Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam setup advise for my t/a

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam setup advise for my t/a

Hey guys. I got an 00 T/A. Has 80k miles. Slp cat back exhaust with hollowed out cats, k&n cold air intake. on its way is: Qtp Lt Headers/slp y-pipe, Weiand 80mm Intake, Bbk 80mm TB. Im interested in going with a cam-package, probably on Texas speed, only site i found so far that has the valves, pushrods all in one. My goal is to reach atleast low 12s. Can anyone reccomned an exact cam that would be good for me. Want to get as much power, safely as possible. I do plan to have it dyno tuned after everything is put on. The car is my DD. What has worked for you guys? Looking for a good direction.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by garylisko
Hey guys. I got an 00 T/A. Has 80k miles. Slp cat back exhaust with hollowed out cats, k&n cold air intake. on its way is: Qtp Lt Headers/slp y-pipe, Weiand 80mm Intake, Bbk 80mm TB. Im interested in going with a cam-package, probably on Texas speed, only site i found so far that has the valves, pushrods all in one. My goal is to reach atleast low 12s. Can anyone reccomned an exact cam that would be good for me. Want to get as much power, safely as possible. I do plan to have it dyno tuned after everything is put on. The car is my DD. What has worked for you guys? Looking for a good direction.
I would call Texas Speed or Thunder Racing and let them know what you are looking for. They will be able to give you all the information that you are looking for. I would really recommend looking into a converter too (probably before the cam) but that is just MY opinion.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

I just put the ms4 in my car and I love it. Pulls real hard. Going to the track as soon as possible. Did not have to touch the heads on the car with the swap either. Good luck
Old 03-07-2010, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

I have a 6spd. Are there other good sites out there with cam packages besides texas speed?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Teching In

low 12 with cam and other lil mods will be no prob
Old 03-08-2010, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

I went with the Tsunami Cam. 235/240 .654"/.609" anyone have experience with this cam to share ? I'm hoping it has appropriate street mannors.